Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables, Part A

I really wanted to read some of Aesop's Fables at some point, so I'm glad that I am able to do that this week!
I really like how the story is a rhyme. I think that it makes it different from all of the other stories that I have read this semester. I decided to choose some fables that I really enjoyed reading and take notes on them.

People
I am familiar with some of those fables. The boy who cried wolf is a story that has an important lesson about lying. I could see myself taking this story line and idea and creating a more modern day story about it. This would be fun because it is creative and is a story line that many people are familiar with. It seems as if all of these stories serve a greater purpose and have a moral to the story. I could see myself taking any of these stories and creating a new story based on the moral.
Image result for boy who cried wolf
Boy Who Cried Wolf

The Fox and The Stork
From the little description, I thought that this would be a fun story to read. Foxes are notorious for being tricksters, but I think that it is cool that the fox gets out-tricked by a stork! I think that stories like this can relate to people in real life. Many people try to con others or make them believe one thing. When a person meets their conning match, it is quite a different experience! I could make this story more modern day like all of the other ideas from the stories that I have.

Like I've mentioned throughout these reading notes, I have a lot of possibilities of writing a more modern story from any of these Aesop's Fables. I think a great part of Aesop's Fables is that they are short and simple and this allows a more elaborate story to be written. I look forward to writing a story this week.



Bibliography
Aesop's Fables written by James Davies, online source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Animal Lover

Week 5 Story: The Tale of a Cat