Reading Notes: Ballads of Robin Hood, Part A

I have seen Robin Hood movies before, but I have never read the actual story. I am aware that he steals from the rich and gives to the poor. I chose to read these stories because I want to see exactly what he does rather than a generalized idea of it.

Image result for robin hood
Robin Hood

The Ranger was a great story. I like how the stories rhyme. It adds an extra special element to the story that others don't have. There is a little dispute going on between Robin and the ranger. There seems to be a power struggle between the two men. They take out their weapons and begin to fight. Robin Hood has some trouble, but never gives up. I think that I could take this same concept and make it more modern. Maybe I could have two kids in school that oppose one another and instead of having weapons they could be playing 4 square. I really enjoyed this story. Like I mentioned, this is the first Robin Hood story that I read in more detail and I liked it a lot.

I also liked reading Rescuing Three Squires. I think that the story was fun to read and was exciting. This is the stories of Robin Hood that I expected. I think that I could definitely use this story and make it more modern. Being able to transition an original story to something different can be challenging, but I think the original story sets me up for success.


Bibliography
Ballads of Robin Hood written by Francis James Child, online source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Animal Lover

Week 5 Story: The Tale of a Cat