Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables, Part B

Dogs
I saw the title of this part of Aesop's Fables and knew that I wanted to look more into it!
I think stories that are written about dogs can peak anyone's interests. Dogs are such great animals. I would love to write another story about them. Although these stories are short, I like how descriptive they are. They truly tell a story in a short period of time. I think that I could attempt to choose a subject and then write my own fables about them. It would be difficult to make them rhyme and make it a good story, but it would be much different than anything that I have done for this class!
Image result for dogs
dogs from the story

Cats and Weasels
I also really like cats. I think that cats are so special and having them involved with stories makes it much more enjoyable. Being cautious of a double tongue is something that a lot of people could learn. I feel as if sometimes people think another person is going to do one thing because of what they say, but they do the exact opposite. It is interesting the choice in animals for the story about the eagle, cat, and sow. I think that included the pig and other young creatures makes you feel bad for them. It evokes a kind of emotion to truly think about the moral that is given throughout the story.

The Fly and the Mule
The fly thinks that it can outsmart the mule. This doesn't work because the mule understands that the human is in control of her, not the fly. The fly says that it will sting the mule, but I believe that the mule knows that the fly is bluffing. The mule understands that it'll be bad if the human has to whip the mule to go back on trail, so the mule stays with what it knows. I feel as if other people can relate to this story. A sense of peer pressure is brought to my attention when reading this story. I could definitely write a story that is similar to the fly and the mule.


Bibliography
Aesop's Fables written by Christopher Smart, online source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Animal Lover

Week 5 Story: The Tale of a Cat